Tuesday 6 January 2009

Late Show monologue: 5th January 2009

I don't often highlight the monologues of Jay Leno and David Letterman, often because their own sites usually do a great job of doing that for them. But I'm going to highlight Letterman's because I can embed those, and I cannot find a steady source of Jay Leno monologues that I can embed. So here is David Letterman's first monologue of the year, from the CBS Late Show.



David and Jay are consistently sharp and funny, unlike a lot of other comedians today who rely on shock value to make them funny. That usually means, they're not funny. Jay and David always are. I don't tend to watch the shows for their interviews, I watch for the monologues and the Late Show Top 10, and the monday Headlines, the things that are what make them stand out from the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment