Sunday 5 October 2014

Gold Star Award: The Independent On Sunday

Up until now, I’ve only handed out “awards” for the worst, and the things that are wrong, but it is often better to reward the things that are right, or excellent.  So with that in mind, I’ve decided to hand out some much more positive awards here on Viewpoint, and it starts today, with a Gold Star Award, which I will hand out to individuals or companies who do something truly right, something exceptional, something that exceeds expectations, and is worth rewarding.

GoldStarAward

Today’s Gold Star Award winner is the Independent on Sunday, for their perfect front page today covering the murder of Alan Henning by extremists.  I could describe it, but I think the brilliance of it, can only be demonstrated by showing you the front page itself.

indy20141005

Now, how’s that for dealing with propaganda?  I’d say, that’s the perfect way to do it.  Congratulations, the team behind this wonderful front page of The Independent On Sunday, you win Viewpoint’s first ever Gold Star Award, and richly deserved it is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment