Sunday 4 March 2012

Showcase 2 showing itself up, again

Usually once I've blogged once about something, that's it. Some stories might get updated, but generally once I've said my piece, I don't need to say it again.

Unfortunatgely this time, it seems I have to.

Last month, I blogged about Showcase 2 showing a recording of London's New Year's Day Parade, every night at 1am. Well for a couple of weeks they took it off and replaced it with the Landscape Channel in that 3 hour slot.

But it seems that they haven't learnt their lesson. As I write this now, what is on Showcase 2? London's New Year's Day Parade. Again.

What did I say last month about this? I'll tell you.

"It was a time-sensitive event when you first showed it. Now it's stale and out of date. Get it off your channels. Put something a little less uninteresting on..."

And exactly what has changed between then and now? It's more stale, more out of date, the last thing you want in March is some disembodied voice, in this case Alan Dedicoat's, cheerfully wishing you a happy new year in March!

And once again, it is scheduled to last another week.

Take it off the air, put the Landscape Channel back on overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Last chance! the final showing is 15th March at 01:00. Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete