Thursday 17 May 2007

Alan Johnston's 45th Birthday

You may have noticed that I have added a button on the blog sidebar to show my support for Alan Johnston, the BBC correspondent for Gaza who was kidnapped on 12th March 2007.

Today is Alan Johnston's 45th brithday. Like so many other journalists around the world, I wish to add my own birthday greetings to the many that are being expressed today.

Alan, you will not know me. We have never met face to face. But with your reports from Gaza, I let you into my living room as a trusted source of reliable information. I would love to see you back in my living room again, seeing you bring the facts from Gaza to us all around the world.

From one journalist to another, Happy Birthday, and may your god speed you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment