Thursday 31 May 2007

Politics and Religion: Too explosive to combine

Part of me hates the idea that in Northern Ireland, a minister of the cloth, Rev. Ian Paisley is the First Minister, and that he has been politically active for so long. It always seemed wrong to me to mix politics and religion.

But after this story today, as reported by BBC News, it seems even more wrong now. The head of the church in Scotland, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, has told catholic politicians who support abortion to rethink whether they should be accepting holy communion.

You know what he's really saying here, don't you? The translation that comes out of the Universal Translator and Decryptographical Analyser says, 'Recind your support for Abortion or you won't enter Heaven!'.

HOW DARE HE!

He is doing what I abhor seeing happen in newspapers, where the papers tell the readers what to think. In Christianity, the priest or vicar tells the congregation what to think, only they call it 'preaching'. In reality, it is brainwashing!

I am a human being, with a perfectly good mind of my own, one which I intend to use to the best of my ability, and I do NOT allow ANYONE to tell ME, what to think. It's called having an independent mind. I am a lone wolf who goes my own way and makes my own deicisions, not a sheep, who gets guided to his pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment