Sunday 11 May 2008

2 Years of Viewpoint

It was two years ago today that I made my first entry into the world of Blogging with my original Viewpoint blog over on Geocities. Because it was my first blog, I wrote about absolutely anything that interested me. Previously, I had run a TV ident site on there, called Ident City, which has recently been relaunched in the blog format. Viewpoint however was much more generic. The sub-title that I gave the blog was "Random Thoughts about Life, The Universe... and other strangeness."

Times have changed since then, and so has Viewpoint. The blog has adapted into much more of a news and media commentary blog, with a side angle though in some of the more interesting aspects of life. The sub-title for the blog got shortened, and technically added to the title at the top of your browser window. It sums up the blog still, even though most of the posts relate to events in the news and to the wide and wierd world of the media.

Various common titles keep cropping up and have become very much a part of the blog. "Viewpoint Extra" is where I follow up on a particular story with more information. "Viewpoint Original" is a post about a subject that is not in the news, but a piece of original reporting from myself, and "Viewpoint Special" tends to be a special commentary on a particular subject. Most commentaries from me follow one very particular rule. Report the story first, then comment on it. My Viewpoint Specials don't follow this rule, usually because there is so much reporting on it, that a commentary is all that is needed.

Viewpoint also has made use of various other types of posts including roundup posts, where I link together various news stories from around the net. Sometimes they are all related to one story, where others have been mixtures of stories from all around the net.

In the days, weeks and months to come, I will continue to bring you the real news and sensible commentary on the issues and stories of the day. I will also highlight those who say silly things and make ridiculous commentaries without thinking about the consequences.]

Stay sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment